(Don't miss Part 1: Humor or Part 2: Learn Something or Part 3: Fiction or Part 4: Art or Part 5: Pop Culture.)
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin – A tale about a year of achievement.
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller – Thoughts on Christianity. Thouhts that are far more readable than you might imagine. And thoughts that I need to be thinking about myself to grow in my beliefs. (Confession: I’m only about 50 pages into this so far. It told me something I needed to hear. My heart is currently hurting. That happens to everyone. I’m not special in this regard. Thanks for the tough love, Don.)
- You Are a Writer by Jeff Goins – Check out my review here.
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer – Based on the true story of a college student who walked away from his life, hitchhiked to and died in Alaska. Doesn’t quite sound inspirational, but it somehow manages to be.
- Robert's Rules of Writing by Robert Masello - Rules about ignoring rules. Also, 3 guesses as to what I want to be when I grow up.