Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The story of your life in 250 words or less

This post is part of the series "Blog Every Day in May".
Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less 



I was born in 1981. Twenty-something years later I got ©1981 tattooed on my right butt cheek. In between those two events were 

country roads, church choirs, comfort food, lots of family and a few good friends;

library cards, art classes, web designs, quiet dreams and words written more than spoken;

failed attempts, broken toes, crocodile tears, a cancer scare and bouncing back; 

home plans, impulse buys, first days, full-on obsessions and strawberry-flavored everything;

things made right, shoes to fill, big sistership, becoming okay and sins washed away ; 

chipmunk laughter, awkward glances, useless trivia, sun-freckled skin and mismatched eyes.


It’s been a few years since that tattoo. I like to think I’m a little bit smarter. I can’t decide whether it’s better to be rough or smooth around the edges and figure I’ll always be both. I still believe that everything will happen. Everything will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment