Monday, January 30, 2012

Sister Saturday

I woke up this weekend in definite need of a Sister Saturday. This is what transpired. 


I love the look of layers. I also live in Florida. Que deceptive layering! Look winter warm in light airy pieces.
Dress & shirt: Target; cardigan: Belk; belt, tights & unseen cut-off leggings to minimize the delightful swish-swish of my thighs: Wal-Mart; shoes: Payless; necklace: Bealls Outlet. Everything: on clearance!

Over-due library book. And sister works at the library...yipes!
P.S. Organizing is something I desperately need help with in my personal life (I'm super organized at work). I never finished reading the book.


What's a Sister Saturday without pastries? We watched boats and chowed down on Milton donuts and gorgeous strawberry milk. Sorry Krispy Kreme, you got nothing on Milton Quality Bakery.


Antiquing! Sister found a crazy vintage lamb bank for me that matched one she had at home. I left the happy little bird, the neato lighthouse glasses, needlepoint art (unpictured) and a vintage horse lamp (unpictured) behind. It's killing me. I'll be back.


Oh, and we met the rest of the fam for lunch at new Nichols (actually Captain Pete's Oyster House).

2 comments:

  1. Totally jealous of sister Saturdays. I have to wait a few months to see my sister.

    As you know, I LOVE organizing (READ: Obsessive Compulsive) and just finished reading Organized Simplicity. It seemed a little basic, and found myself skipping through some sections, but depending on the person, it could be very helpful.

    There's also a few more I've downloaded on my Kindle but haven't gotten to yet:
    1) Absolutely Organize your Family
    2) The Greatest Book Of All Time: Personal Transformation Experience to Accomplish Everything on Your Bucket List, Create Your Legacy, & Have The Most Fun You've Ever Had in Any Year Of Your Life
    3)Organize for a Fresh Start: Embrace Your Next Chapter in Life

    Oh, and I found all of those for free on Amazon (Okay, I found them through couponing blogs). And you totally don't even need a kindle. You could read it right on your computer!

    P.S. That red antique thing looks like a Triceratops. Please buy it for me if it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check those organizing books out. Thanks! I wish I could afford to fly you out and pay you to organize my entire house. I keep putting it off because it seems to big a task and it keeps getting worse and worse.

    Sorry, the red thing is just a dish. I'll keep an eye out for cool Triceratops' though.

    ReplyDelete