Monday, October 22, 2012

Dating a beef steak, ah yeah!

Last week I was gchatting with the most recent ex because omg I still do that what's wrong with me and we were talking about steak cooked in water. Let's all just go ahead and agree: that sounds awful. He swears it's life-changingly good. 

We got to comparing steaks to boyfriends (as in boyfriends for me - he still swims in the lady pond). He trying to convince me that steak is better than a man with the "steaks don't argue" and the "steaks will always be there for you in your time of need". Me trying to convince him that steaks are exactly like a man with the "steaks are often cold in the middle" and the "steaks never hear anything you say"

Of course, in an effort to prove myself right, I dated a steak. I did it for all the women who are independent, throw your hands up at me. Sort of. Mostly I did it because I needed a stupid good prompt and I like proving myself right.* 

Let's do this: (Because I used part of an Avett Bros song, YouTube will not allow this vid to be viewed on a mobile device. I understand. Surely everyone thinks I wrote and performed the song. Until I find a YouTube approved song that works as perfectly with this video as the AB song, please view on a computer. Like people did in the olden days. Thank you.)


*Yes, I realize that dating a steak proves something else entirely.

P.S. YouTube informs me that I am now approved to upload videos up to 15 minutes long. Blame them for the future.

8 comments:

  1. I. Um. You. This. Steak. Ah. This. Is. Beyond. Anything. I. Have. Ever. Experienced.

    I really don't even know what to say to you anymore.

    And it's not because I'm scared.

    It's because that was one of the most brilliant things ever and it's going to take me a really, really, REALLY long time to process it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I was going to suggest Man Eater would have been a good song for the last scene... so glad you used it in the credits! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it rekindled my love for Nelly Furtado. Bonus.

      Delete
  3. Lol are you drinking milk in Jaegermeister glasses for your date? And is that uncooked Ramen you are feeding your companion? This is comedy at it's finest. Bravo madam, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's milk in sheep glasses. But not sheep's milk. And dry Special K. I know how to treat a steak.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Even after watching it multiple times...I still watch it with my jaw dropped and mouth over my hand.

    Am I horrified? Am I amazed? Am I just really wanting the ending of the story to change? Probably a little of everything. But I'm still now sure. Even after a nights sleep.

    But if this helps explain how I feel....I have laughed about it multiple times throughout my day. And I may have even lol'd (for real) in the meat section of my store. Loudly. And I couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete