5 Things That Currently Make Me Feel Like I'm Part of the Zombie Apocalypse Thanks to Hurricane Isaac:
- Boarded up windows. I like to think of it as "condemned chic".
- Vienna Sausage emergency kit. Fun hurricane fact: I was supposed to spend my 26th birthday in Key West but I spent it at home playing slip-n-slide and eating Vienna Sausages instead. Why? Hurricane Dennis. No power. No open stores or restaurants. No gas.
- Gasoline hoarding. It's already running out and I have two days of a 52-mile round trip for work before the storm even gets here.
- Empty shelves. I went to WalMart for a few things last night. They were almost out of toilet paper. And people were grabbing water and batteries like nobody's business. Another fun hurricane fact: I've visited WalMart at gunpoint! After Hurricane Ivan, soldiers stood inside/outside before power was restored, with guns, to control folks.
- I could really go for a smoothie.
P.S. A lady in a cave once told me that it would take a very short time for a human to go mad in complete darkness. As I sit here in the dark, windows boarded tight for the third time in the eight years since I built my house, I believe you, Cave Lady, I believe you.