Love is in the air! Or maybe that's just pollen. Either way, here's a quick Valentine's Day DIY.
Gather a few materials: a heart of your choice (I found one online), cardboard, newspaper, paint, paint brushes, clothespins, glue, water, twine, a ruler and a pair of scissors. Cut the cardboard to your desired size (x4). I made 5x7 panels.
1. Mix up some glue, a little bit of water and a drop of paint. The paint will tint your newspaper. I chose copper for a touch of shine. Don't add too much water or it won't stick!
2. Cover one sheet of cardboard with the glue mixture.
3. Cover the gluey cardboard with newspaper. Cover again with the glue mixture. Repeat for all four sheets of cardboard.
4. Go through the same process with each of the four clothespins.
5. Cover the back of your heart with the glue mixture and stick it to one of your newspaper panels. Spread a bit more of the glue mixture on top of the heart. Allow your panels and clothespins to dry.
6. Paint L,V, and E on the remaining newspaper panels. Tip: use a piece of the scrap cardboard as a straight edge.