Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Touché Tuesday: Tongue Depressors & Dad

Need some Whitfield Awesome advice (about anything)? Fill out this form.  


Dear Jen, 
Where do you acquire all those tongue depressors you use for all your YouTube videos? Do you steal them from doctors offices or are you a kindergarten teacher?
Sincerely, Tim


Dear Tim,
Yes. I am a kindergarten teacher AND I steal tongue depressors from doctor's offices. Or at least that used to be the case. My teaching license was revoked when I went to jail for thievery. Now I have to purchase tongue depressors from Wal-Mart like all the other hardened criminals.
♥ Jen


Dear Jen,
It's almost Father's Day and I don't know what to give my dad as a gift. Please help!
Yours, Bad Daughter


Dear Bad Daughter,
I got my dad new garden flip flops. Cause that's really a thing in the house I grew up in and he broke his. (Don't worry he won't read this.) I don't know your dad, so here's a list of different personality traits matched up with great gifts. 

If your dad is...
  1. smart, get him a nonfiction book and eye-glass cleaner (all smart people wear glasses - this is why I couldn't even fail the eye test when I tried). 
  2. whimsical, get him a masculine art print of a grand animal such as a ram.
  3. conservative, get him a solid-colored tie.
  4. slutty, get him a CVS gift card.
  5. mean, replace all the songs on his mp3 player with stuff by current teen pop sensations.
  6. sporty, take him to a local sporting event - pay for his ticket and his hot dog.
  7. cheap frugal, give him a very practical gift card (think home depot or restaurant he likes).
  8. metro, take him for a mani/pedi. 
  9. geeky, get him a trilogy of some sort (think opposite of Twilight).
  10. a Russian criminal, get him the Russian Criminal Tattoo Encyclopedia (there are three volumes).
♥ Jen

2 comments:

  1. Hahhaahah garden sandals, "cause that's really a thing in the house I grew up in". Oh man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. Get some garden sandals. Your life will never be the same.*

      *Results not typical.

      Delete