5 things I am currently obsessed with:
- Domino Special Edition: Hello. My name is Jen and I'm addicted to home decor magazines. Like many others, though apparently not many enough, I loved Domino. It went out of print in 2009. BUT. A special edition was just released. (Cover price $10.99 but I picked it up in Target for $6.99!) It's a regurgitation of stuff in the magazines but that was 3+ years ago and I don't have all of my old copies. Plus I'm okay with decor vomit.
- Fun - Some Nights: I guess Fun would go in the alternative category as it is a little bit pop, a little bit rock and a little bit weird. The entire CD is good. Not a lot of song skipping going on here. Some of the songs sound like they would fit really well in a modernized version of Rocky Horror (which is a terrible idea that no one should run with).
- Carbs: Boyfriend and I have been walking 3 miles a day, 5 days a week and monitoring our calorie intake for two months. We feel great but have seen barely any results weight-wise. So we are now low carbing it. The meat-fest part is great. The everything sweet being loaded with carbs part is cruel. Boyfriend gave me these pee test strips [♥romance alert♥] to help me know whether or not I am in ketosis (fat burning mode). Sounds gross but I get a little excited every time I wait for the color change.
- Vienna Sausages: These guys are a great low-carb snack. I usually reserve them for hurricane aftermath and birthdays, but I'm now bringing them into the new normal food circle. Birthdays, what? My family was going to Key West for vacay one summer. A vacay that my 26th birthday happened to fall in. Until. Hurricane Dennis hit as a Cat 3 five days before my bday. We were still without electricity on my 26th, so we had a fine celebratory meal of vienna sausages. (My mom did manage to whip up a cake cause she's awesome like that.) P.S. We pronounce it V-Annie.
- Dead Bird Cooper: If you follow me on Twitter (@JenOsaurus) you may know about the dead bird outside my office window. The ace grounds crew seems to be in no hurry to pick him up, so I took the next natural step and gave him a Twitter account - @DeadBirdCooper (like DB Cooper, see what I did there?).