Simmer down, kids. Take a seat. It's time for Professor Whitfield to reveal part 1 of your summer reading list. I'll be revealing one category at a time throughout April. Today: Humor!
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams – Because that Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy guy wrote more than that series. And he wrote it good.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey – Tina Fey can do no wrong, including writing a memoir. Though I must admit I found the dust jacket funnier than the book as a whole.
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (An Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling – Yep, another funny lady memoir. I can’t get enough of them. Mindy's life seems a bit more attainable than Tina's.
- Stuff White People Like by Christian Lander – The title is pretty self explanatory. This is a very quick read. Go for it if you have a sense of humor. If you like to get real mad about silly things, skip this one.
- Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O’Malley – Slackers, Ramonas and evil ex-boyfriends, oh my! (In case you don’t pay attention to anything, ever and do not already know – these are graphic novels.)