Monday, April 30, 2012

Summer Reading List Part 5: Inspirational

Simmer down, kids. Take a seat. It's time for Professor Whitfield to reveal the final section of your summer reading list. Inspiration!
(Don't miss Part 1: Humor or Part 2: Learn Something or Part 3: Fiction or Part 4: Art or Part 5: Pop Culture.)
  1. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin – A tale about a year of achievement.
  2. Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller – Thoughts on Christianity. Thouhts that are far more readable than you might imagine. And thoughts that I need to be thinking about myself to grow in my beliefs. (Confession: I’m only about 50 pages into this so far. It told me something I needed to hear. My heart is currently hurting. That happens to everyone. I’m not special in this regard. Thanks for the tough love, Don.)
  3. You Are a Writer by Jeff Goins – Check out my review here.
  4. Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer – Based on the true story of a college student who walked away from his life, hitchhiked to and died in Alaska. Doesn’t quite sound inspirational, but it somehow manages to be.
  5. Robert's Rules of Writing by Robert Masello - Rules about ignoring rules. Also, 3 guesses as to what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment