(Don't miss Part 1: Humor or Part 2: Learn Something or Part 3: Fiction.)
- The Tree Show by Mark Ryden - Ryden is one of my favorite artists. This book collects pieces from his 2007 solo exhibit.
- Newspaper Blackout by Austin Kleon - Kleon creates poetry from news. Literally. He uses a sharpie to black out words in newspaper articles, leaving a poem. This book arrived on my doorstep during an actual blackout - I read it by candlelight.
- The Very Quiet Cricket by Eric Carle - Because sometimes you need to go back to the beginning.
- Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith - A collection of prompts to get your creative juices flowing.
- What It Is by Lynda Barry - This book may seem a little chaotic upon first glance, but it is full of wonderful collages and challenges to inspire writing.
Your turn: What are your favorite artsy books?