(Don't miss Part 1: Humor or Part 2: Learn Something or Part 3: Fiction or Part 4: Art.)
- Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs: A Low Culture Manifesto by Chuck Klosterman – This witty collection of essays covers aspects of pop culture from Saved by the Bell to Timothy McVeigh. I think Chuck and I could be friends.
- Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story by Chuck Klosterman – I’m allowed to have two books by the same author on one list. It’s my list. This time Chuck, my dear friend, goes on a road trip exploring rock and roll deaths.
- Advanced Style by Ari Seth Cohen – To be released May 22. Advanced Style is based on Ari’s blog devoted to “capturing the sartorial savvy of the senior set.” This video makes me want to at least peruse this book in a store.
- PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives by Frank Warren – I love postcards and secrets. This book brings them together.
- My Life in France by Julia Child – Julia is a pistol! Here you will learn about her love for food and her funny husband Paul. Plus, photos!